ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

riding!

Hi All,
Silke is truly becoming a wonderful horse, she has taught me so much. she is still teaching me on a daily basis. I am riding her now and I have made a commitment to her, she is still being ridden by Mike, my trainer. she has learned to trust humans and she seems to like being played with. she is very laid back but she is also very sensitive. we are still working on her speed control and directional. Mike rode her outside the arena and up the riding trail, she seemed to really like it.
We are riding in a bosal, it seems to be what she likes and responds to best. I ride in a Spanish/Western round skirted saddle made by Don West, it seems to fit and is good for me too. I truly believe that you need to build a relationship with these horses and it is the foundation for trust and helps everything fall into place, naturally. If I ask her for too much she lets me know to slow down, If I don't ask for enough she lets me know that too.
Thank you for listening,
Cheryl and Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment