
Silke and I have 9 good rides now and we are having the time of our lives! we are doing eights and stops and backs and turns and we are riding for longer times each day. We start every morning at about 7:00 and we are riding by 8:00 (she gets her morning hay first and I get my morning coffee) We are usually done by 10:00 and then she goes out to her pasture. We usually take Sunday off. After we ride I take her into the big arena and we play the I trust you game. She stands in the middle and I trust her to not leave and I sit on the ground a few feet away and each day I move farther away, today I sat on the bench about 40 feet away for a very long time, she actually closed her eyes and slept a little without moving. she seems to like what we are doing I always ask her to lay down with me and she seems to think about it, but she has only bowed a little and pawed the ground, its a start. I am not in a hurry. our journey is such a wonderful gift! I learned about ttouch today, I want to learn more so I can apply it to our program. I am so thankful for having the opportunity to help this horse, it has changed my life! here is a "sideways" ground tying picture from today! (sorry, I don't know how to turn it around)
No comments:
Post a Comment