Hi All,
I know it's been a while since I blogged about Silke. exactly one week ago on Wednesday morning I went out to play with her as we have always done, and she did all of her ground work nicely and she seemed to be OK about me getting on her but as we rode it seemed like she was not her agreeable self, she kept lowering her head and I kept bringing it back up. we were still doing OK but I could tell that it was going to be a little different. Instead of getting off to see why and try to "fix it" on the ground, I just kept riding, because it wasn't that bad. well needless to say as we rounded the next turn there was a loud noise we had not heard before from a distance away and Silke went into "Flight" mode. I was riding it through sort of but I didn't try to stop her until she went one full lap. when I asked for the one rein stop that we had practiced numerous times successfully, she must have all of a sudden felt trapped and so she started bucking and we went another lap until I was successfully bucked off of my wonderful horse. I landed quite hard on the right side of my prideful Butt. I called out for someone to go get my husband and turned to watch Silke keep bucking another 60 feet to the other side of the corral and stop.
I have had some time to think about what happened and I have gone through all kinds of emotions from getting out of horses all together and selling them, but realizing that I just need to keep doing what I am doing and get more information and help from all my wonderful friends and trainers. I am back to working with Silke as of yesterday now that I am healing enough to walk and sit comfortably. she is doing well and my focus is much better I can't wait to see what this year will bring. thanks for listening
Cheryl and Silke
I know it's been a while since I blogged about Silke. exactly one week ago on Wednesday morning I went out to play with her as we have always done, and she did all of her ground work nicely and she seemed to be OK about me getting on her but as we rode it seemed like she was not her agreeable self, she kept lowering her head and I kept bringing it back up. we were still doing OK but I could tell that it was going to be a little different. Instead of getting off to see why and try to "fix it" on the ground, I just kept riding, because it wasn't that bad. well needless to say as we rounded the next turn there was a loud noise we had not heard before from a distance away and Silke went into "Flight" mode. I was riding it through sort of but I didn't try to stop her until she went one full lap. when I asked for the one rein stop that we had practiced numerous times successfully, she must have all of a sudden felt trapped and so she started bucking and we went another lap until I was successfully bucked off of my wonderful horse. I landed quite hard on the right side of my prideful Butt. I called out for someone to go get my husband and turned to watch Silke keep bucking another 60 feet to the other side of the corral and stop.
I have had some time to think about what happened and I have gone through all kinds of emotions from getting out of horses all together and selling them, but realizing that I just need to keep doing what I am doing and get more information and help from all my wonderful friends and trainers. I am back to working with Silke as of yesterday now that I am healing enough to walk and sit comfortably. she is doing well and my focus is much better I can't wait to see what this year will bring. thanks for listening
Cheryl and Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment