Hi,
Silke has been out with the herd for quite a while now and it is time to get back to work, if the weather will cooperate, it is April and we have had thunder and lightening and hail almost daily. Not to mention 30 degree weather. We usually have 70 degrees this time of year. Enough about the weather I am sure someone out there can top that story.
I went out to the pasture and Silke came up to me and then turned and left, so I got some treats and went back out... she came, got the treats and left. so I made it a game of see who can be the first to leave. and so I would leave before her and she started to follow me. Well you know the rest of the story. she finally let me halter her and we went to the oval pen and I turned her loose. I asked her back and she followed me all over the pen. she is so nice she knows the difference between her pasture with the herd and being with me. I am her human herd and she respects the relationship, she remembers everything we last did and she is even better than the last time I took her out. I love this horse. I am brushing her all over and she is standing with no lead rope, she loves to be groomed. she is also letting me pick up all 4 feet (still no lead rope) I am so happy with this horse's progress. She is amazing. Tomorrow she will get her feet trimmed again. the really exciting thing is that my friend and I pulled her hair to send in for DNA. I have all the paperwork and now I need to send in the hair to confirm what Derick has told me. I am so excited! by the way I was worried about pulling her hair, but the weird thing about it....she liked it! I think she thought we were just grooming really hard.
As soon as I know anything, I will let everyone else know too.
I hope to start ground driving her next, but first I want her to accept the lead rope touching her all over without flinching.
Thank you for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
Silke has been out with the herd for quite a while now and it is time to get back to work, if the weather will cooperate, it is April and we have had thunder and lightening and hail almost daily. Not to mention 30 degree weather. We usually have 70 degrees this time of year. Enough about the weather I am sure someone out there can top that story.
I went out to the pasture and Silke came up to me and then turned and left, so I got some treats and went back out... she came, got the treats and left. so I made it a game of see who can be the first to leave. and so I would leave before her and she started to follow me. Well you know the rest of the story. she finally let me halter her and we went to the oval pen and I turned her loose. I asked her back and she followed me all over the pen. she is so nice she knows the difference between her pasture with the herd and being with me. I am her human herd and she respects the relationship, she remembers everything we last did and she is even better than the last time I took her out. I love this horse. I am brushing her all over and she is standing with no lead rope, she loves to be groomed. she is also letting me pick up all 4 feet (still no lead rope) I am so happy with this horse's progress. She is amazing. Tomorrow she will get her feet trimmed again. the really exciting thing is that my friend and I pulled her hair to send in for DNA. I have all the paperwork and now I need to send in the hair to confirm what Derick has told me. I am so excited! by the way I was worried about pulling her hair, but the weird thing about it....she liked it! I think she thought we were just grooming really hard.
As soon as I know anything, I will let everyone else know too.
I hope to start ground driving her next, but first I want her to accept the lead rope touching her all over without flinching.
Thank you for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment