ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Silke and her new herd.

Hi,
Today I called Silke in the pasture and she ran over to me and let me halter her with no hesitation. when we got to the Big arena she hesitated a little because she realized she was leaving her new herd, but she listened and did what I asked. She is a little bit more assertive today on the ground work, so I will have to really pay close attention to details to see if she is ready to do any riding. She is a little frisky, but she is very focused, she seems to be very much "with" me. She goes where I go and is not easily distracted by other horses or people etc. The Farrier is here and making lots of noise around the corner with another horse who's getting shoes. Silke doesn't notice, some of the other horses are reacting. I am taking her into the oval pen and I will at least see if I can get on her back. she is still responding nicely so I will take off the halter and lead and do some play at liberty with her and see if she wants to run or stay with me.
 I don't know how many times I have said this, but Silke is amazing! (to me) she is just staying with me and following me around, I love this horse! I am able to slap the ground with the stick and string and she is staying with me. she will also let it touch her gently all over! I send her out and she does a nice circle around me and asks to come to me! The Farrier is really close to us and she is ignoring him and I am able to line her up to the mounting bench and she just drops her head and I get on and crawl all over her, she is very accepting and is standing quietly and contently. We end the day with lots of love and rubbing her all over with me sliding off of both sides and getting on from both sides. If the weather would cooperate the (slow and progressive) riding program will begin for Silke, I can't wait. She is very much ready.
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl and Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment