ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DNA's and play days

Hi All,

The DNA has come back as a negative, Lani and Sunna are not Silke's Parents. So I just sent a list of possible parents to be tested for a match to Silke's DNA. If there are no match's she will not be able to be registered. That will be sad, but I didn't get her for her papers, I am so happy to own such a wonderful horse.

I had the opportunity to go to an Icelandic playday in The Dalles Oregon, I had so much fun, I am a bit timid when it comes to driving my truck and trailer on the freeway so I asked Karen (Brotzman) to do the driving and I would supply the horses and the truck and trailer. Karen rode Bear and I rode Feather (AKA Vaka) It was such a treat to see someone ride my horse, I got to see who he is with someone else. Thank you, Karen. The place we were at had an obstacle course and a water crossing, as well as an arena that was huge. Feather was so excited to see all the other Iceys, there were 16 horses and several of them were in Feathers previous herd. Feather's Mom was there and she just had to say "Hi" she calmed down after our lunch break. I can't wait for the next play day we really came together as a club and we all seemed to be having a great time. I have been working with Silke on a daily basis again so I hope to have some new updates on her progress soon.
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl and Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment