ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Silke's progress June 2011

Hi all,
Silke and I are really getting to know each other. we are spending a lot of time together. I have to brag a little she is really good at getting wormed, we have practiced by putting my finger in her mouth where the bit would go and every time she lowers her head I take it out, it is a great game to play. she is wonderful for the farrier he has no problem with her at all. she will stand tied for as long as I ask her to. I think her first long trailer ride convinced her to just stand there and not move. We are going to give her, her first shots this week, but I doubt she will be too upset. her biggest issue is the first touch of the day, but once she realizes it is OK she is fine.
Silke has had a few flight moments but they are getting to be a lot less dramatic. I am starting to get every one that is available to touch her so she gets more used to it from other people. She is now accepting my worker to put her out in her pasture each day, but she still won't let him catch her. I go out to her pasture and call her name and she comes to me with her head down and waits for me to put everything on, it is the same everyday!
Thanks for listening,
Silke and Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment