Hi All,
I went out to the barn last night at 8:30 PM it was great, Silke and I decided to go into the big Arena and just "Play" I am so impressed with her. I have worked her at liberty (off line) in the oval pen and the round coral, but she tries to bolt when I work online in the big arena (with others around). Last night was different, she played the stick to me game and followed me all over the arena, I even sat down in the dirt and she stood over me with her head down. we were both quite comfortable with each other. I have had a couple of my trainer friends work with her while I watched over the last few weeks and it was very interesting to see how she reacts to others. I really learned a lot about her and about me. It was wonderful to watch and it was also difficult to watch because I wanted to tell them how I do things and how I move with her, I really had to bite my tongue so that I could see the purity of her reactions. I was the only person in the Arena last night with Silke and I know that if I had tried to ride her it would have been a wonderful ride. I didn't because I knew if something happened, I would be out there by myself for a very long time and I didn't have my cell phone with me, Oh and I don't really bounce anymore, I am not as young as I feel. I know I could have ridden her easily. I did climb all over her and sit on her and she just dropped her head.
The funny thing that happened was that my Cat (Miss Kitty) decided to join in on the fun so she jumped up onto the mounting bench and introduced herself to Silke, Silke put her nose gently down to say Hi to her and Miss Kitty decided to let her know that she is the owner of the barn she promptly slapped her in the nose, and Silke pulled her head away but did not spook at all and Miss Kitty didnot use her claws. It was great!
The other interaction was with my Dog (Allie) she is not usually allowed in the Arena but I asked her in and Silke went right up to her and They said Hello and it was OK.
At one point Silke decided to walk away to the corner where she can reach grass under the rail, (where she normally bolts to) I just walked over and grabbed her a handful of grass and fed it to her she looked at me sideways and dropped her head. I think she figured out that she doesn't have to leave me to get where she wants to go. I can't wait till tonight!
Thanks for listening!
Cheryl and Silke
I went out to the barn last night at 8:30 PM it was great, Silke and I decided to go into the big Arena and just "Play" I am so impressed with her. I have worked her at liberty (off line) in the oval pen and the round coral, but she tries to bolt when I work online in the big arena (with others around). Last night was different, she played the stick to me game and followed me all over the arena, I even sat down in the dirt and she stood over me with her head down. we were both quite comfortable with each other. I have had a couple of my trainer friends work with her while I watched over the last few weeks and it was very interesting to see how she reacts to others. I really learned a lot about her and about me. It was wonderful to watch and it was also difficult to watch because I wanted to tell them how I do things and how I move with her, I really had to bite my tongue so that I could see the purity of her reactions. I was the only person in the Arena last night with Silke and I know that if I had tried to ride her it would have been a wonderful ride. I didn't because I knew if something happened, I would be out there by myself for a very long time and I didn't have my cell phone with me, Oh and I don't really bounce anymore, I am not as young as I feel. I know I could have ridden her easily. I did climb all over her and sit on her and she just dropped her head.
The funny thing that happened was that my Cat (Miss Kitty) decided to join in on the fun so she jumped up onto the mounting bench and introduced herself to Silke, Silke put her nose gently down to say Hi to her and Miss Kitty decided to let her know that she is the owner of the barn she promptly slapped her in the nose, and Silke pulled her head away but did not spook at all and Miss Kitty didnot use her claws. It was great!
The other interaction was with my Dog (Allie) she is not usually allowed in the Arena but I asked her in and Silke went right up to her and They said Hello and it was OK.
At one point Silke decided to walk away to the corner where she can reach grass under the rail, (where she normally bolts to) I just walked over and grabbed her a handful of grass and fed it to her she looked at me sideways and dropped her head. I think she figured out that she doesn't have to leave me to get where she wants to go. I can't wait till tonight!
Thanks for listening!
Cheryl and Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment