Hi all,
I want you to know that I have been spending time with Silke about 3 to 4 times a day. I go out every morning and catch her in the stall and put her in her own pasture next to other horses. she eats and then I go back out and catch her several times during the day and sometimes I just let her go again and other times I just pick grass for her to eat out of my hand. I also take her into the round pen and we play at liberty (no lead or halter) she follows me around the pen and goes wherever I go she seems to really like playing that game. then I walk away and ask her to stay and I walk up to her to halter her several times, she is getting so good she lowers her head and leans into me to make it easy to put the halter on. I know this sounds very basic. I am the only one who can catch her right now so I am creating a pattern so that others can catch her too. sometimes my husband can get her, but my worker tries to sneak up on her and she has his number and she won't let him do it. she will let a few other get away with it from time to time, but I am the only one who can get it every time. I hope this helps those of you who are having trouble catching your horses. I have had to leave the halter on so I could get hold of it, ( something I would never do with any other horse) I also give treats, something I normally would not do. I am really enjoying my extra time spent with Silke It has really given me a lot of ways to read a horse and has taught me how to understand her way of thinking.
Today she was so good at everything that I thought I would introduce her to the hose of cold water. I was surprised at how well she accepted the water touching her mouth and then she was curious enogh to let it touch her feet and when ever she would relax I would turn it off or move it away. she stepped back a couple of times but she really was enjoying the game of touch and go with the water tomorrow will be even better. she likes to be with me and play the games of exploring new things.
As you all know by now we have a match for her DNA and she will be able to be registered soon. It reminds me of the book the" Velveteen Rabbit " she is now real to me.
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
I want you to know that I have been spending time with Silke about 3 to 4 times a day. I go out every morning and catch her in the stall and put her in her own pasture next to other horses. she eats and then I go back out and catch her several times during the day and sometimes I just let her go again and other times I just pick grass for her to eat out of my hand. I also take her into the round pen and we play at liberty (no lead or halter) she follows me around the pen and goes wherever I go she seems to really like playing that game. then I walk away and ask her to stay and I walk up to her to halter her several times, she is getting so good she lowers her head and leans into me to make it easy to put the halter on. I know this sounds very basic. I am the only one who can catch her right now so I am creating a pattern so that others can catch her too. sometimes my husband can get her, but my worker tries to sneak up on her and she has his number and she won't let him do it. she will let a few other get away with it from time to time, but I am the only one who can get it every time. I hope this helps those of you who are having trouble catching your horses. I have had to leave the halter on so I could get hold of it, ( something I would never do with any other horse) I also give treats, something I normally would not do. I am really enjoying my extra time spent with Silke It has really given me a lot of ways to read a horse and has taught me how to understand her way of thinking.
Today she was so good at everything that I thought I would introduce her to the hose of cold water. I was surprised at how well she accepted the water touching her mouth and then she was curious enogh to let it touch her feet and when ever she would relax I would turn it off or move it away. she stepped back a couple of times but she really was enjoying the game of touch and go with the water tomorrow will be even better. she likes to be with me and play the games of exploring new things.
As you all know by now we have a match for her DNA and she will be able to be registered soon. It reminds me of the book the" Velveteen Rabbit " she is now real to me.
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment