Hi All,
As I said before, it has been almost a year since I brought Silke home. The horse I have now is very different than the one I started with. She comes to the fence when I call her name almost every time. anyone can go into her pasture to get her. She has better softness on the ground than my other two Iceys. she is very focused on me when she is with me.
Yesterday and today I worked on her trust and her speed control as well as transitions and stopping.I put my saddle on her and sat in my saddle to get her used to the one I will consistently ride her in. (she was in a different saddle before) I am again working her on my own so she can get used to just me and my equipment and my schedule. I feel like she is adjusting nicely to this program.
I am also working with Bear on "riding with confidence" we are working on softness and gait transitions under saddle. We are having a lot of fun, I am getting a lot more consistency with him than I had before, he is so much softer.
I am learning so much from both of them and tomorrow I will add Feather into the program.
I get Silke out between 7:00 and 8:00AM and Bear from 8-9 and now Feather from 9-10AM.
My horses seem to like the consistency I feed Silke hay in her stall from 6-7 so she is not hungry when we start, and Bear and Feather get fed at about 7:30 but they are out on pasture 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.
They are all happy horses! Silke goes out to pasture as soon as we are done. Bear and Feather too!
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl and Silke
As I said before, it has been almost a year since I brought Silke home. The horse I have now is very different than the one I started with. She comes to the fence when I call her name almost every time. anyone can go into her pasture to get her. She has better softness on the ground than my other two Iceys. she is very focused on me when she is with me.
Yesterday and today I worked on her trust and her speed control as well as transitions and stopping.I put my saddle on her and sat in my saddle to get her used to the one I will consistently ride her in. (she was in a different saddle before) I am again working her on my own so she can get used to just me and my equipment and my schedule. I feel like she is adjusting nicely to this program.
I am also working with Bear on "riding with confidence" we are working on softness and gait transitions under saddle. We are having a lot of fun, I am getting a lot more consistency with him than I had before, he is so much softer.
I am learning so much from both of them and tomorrow I will add Feather into the program.
I get Silke out between 7:00 and 8:00AM and Bear from 8-9 and now Feather from 9-10AM.
My horses seem to like the consistency I feed Silke hay in her stall from 6-7 so she is not hungry when we start, and Bear and Feather get fed at about 7:30 but they are out on pasture 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.
They are all happy horses! Silke goes out to pasture as soon as we are done. Bear and Feather too!
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl and Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment