ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Silke's progress

Hi All,
For the last several weeks and months I have been working on lightness and follow the feel, what I have found is that it also builds a relationship of trust. Silke likes the games we play and I am really tuning into her reactions and her language with me, and with others.  We are working on moving away from  my fingertips in all the area's that my leg or foot would touch her and seeing how light of a touch I can make it and still get a movement. I am also working on how much touching she likes when being brushed or just rubbing her, I want to know her subtle likes and dislikes. We are working on transitions at the walk, trot and Canter (on the ground) she is so light now that sometimes I just think about looking the other way and she goes. I am spending 1-3 times a day with her in small segments of time, I find it works best for both of us. I will take the time it takes so it takes less time!
Thanks for listening
Cheryl and Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment