Hi All,
This is a wonderful day. I rode Silke in the oval pen today, I got on and asked her to walk, she took 2-3 steps and I said whoa and bent her head to me and got off, then I took her back to the mounting block and got on again and asked her to take 5-7 steps and bent her around to a stop. then I went back to the mounting block and got on again and sat for a few seconds and then asked her to walk a circle (about 10-15 steps) and then I got off and went back to the mounting block and repeated.
I know this doesn't sound like much, but I need you to understand that I am a very timid rider with Silke and I have always had other people ride her first and Silke has bucked them off in front of me... making it more and more difficult to build my confidence. She was very calm today and very willing. she is not the problem, I am. I was all by myself so this was a big milestone for us. Silke is taking very good care of me, and I know it. I am spending every morning with her about 6 days a week on the ground and bareback, and now under saddle with her. I have a friend who is going to help me with ground driving her. I am sure it will help a lot. I also hope to teach her to lay down, just like my horse Bear. Have a great day and thanks for listening,
Cheryl and Silke
This is a wonderful day. I rode Silke in the oval pen today, I got on and asked her to walk, she took 2-3 steps and I said whoa and bent her head to me and got off, then I took her back to the mounting block and got on again and asked her to take 5-7 steps and bent her around to a stop. then I went back to the mounting block and got on again and sat for a few seconds and then asked her to walk a circle (about 10-15 steps) and then I got off and went back to the mounting block and repeated.
I know this doesn't sound like much, but I need you to understand that I am a very timid rider with Silke and I have always had other people ride her first and Silke has bucked them off in front of me... making it more and more difficult to build my confidence. She was very calm today and very willing. she is not the problem, I am. I was all by myself so this was a big milestone for us. Silke is taking very good care of me, and I know it. I am spending every morning with her about 6 days a week on the ground and bareback, and now under saddle with her. I have a friend who is going to help me with ground driving her. I am sure it will help a lot. I also hope to teach her to lay down, just like my horse Bear. Have a great day and thanks for listening,
Cheryl and Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment