ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Silke and the bit

Hi all,
Silke is learning to accept the bit, we tried several and finally ended with a great myler bit that I had, she loves it. she has accepted bending and flexing with the bit and she is backing ok with it, but needs more improvement. I desensitized her to the tarp and she was not even a bit concerned she actually carried it around for a while until it dropped and she didn't react in the least. I even put it over her head, no problem. she is learning to accept all kinds of saddles, treeless, English and western of all shapes sizes and weights. she even got one with a back cinch and she barely noticed. I want her to have every experience possible. I want no surprises, later if I can help it. I am working with her 2 times per day, 5 days a week. the progress is great. I noticed that she didn't move away from solid pressure on her sides as well as I like so we are working on that too. All in all she is coming around nicely. Thanks for listening
Cheryl & Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment