Hi all,
Today was a great day, Silke was so awesome she totally accepted the saddle and the rider and she even trotted/tolted just a little. she is so confident, I can throw my blue tarp into the arena where she is tied or standing loose and she just stands there, like, what do you want me to do with that? she doesn't spook at anything in a big way, if she reacts at all she still doesn't move her feet unless we ask her to. she is doing change of direction so easily now. Her flexion with the bit is a lot better. I really love the progress we have made it is really helping her to have a lot more confidence in humans, then she doesn't have to be on her gaurd so much. Trust is such a huge issue with these horses especially the older ones like Silke who haven't had any human touch for the first 7 yrs of her life. When I picked her I thought she was 5yrs old, but she is actually 7.
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
Today was a great day, Silke was so awesome she totally accepted the saddle and the rider and she even trotted/tolted just a little. she is so confident, I can throw my blue tarp into the arena where she is tied or standing loose and she just stands there, like, what do you want me to do with that? she doesn't spook at anything in a big way, if she reacts at all she still doesn't move her feet unless we ask her to. she is doing change of direction so easily now. Her flexion with the bit is a lot better. I really love the progress we have made it is really helping her to have a lot more confidence in humans, then she doesn't have to be on her gaurd so much. Trust is such a huge issue with these horses especially the older ones like Silke who haven't had any human touch for the first 7 yrs of her life. When I picked her I thought she was 5yrs old, but she is actually 7.
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment