ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

12/17 2010

Hi All,
Silke is really starting to be really brave, we had a big dump truck picking up Manure all day yesterday, and my husband was also tilling my arena and smoothing it out level and later he was moving hog fuel to help with mud control and it was under a blue tarp that had to be moved each time.
She acted like it was her daily romp I had her on her 14 ft line. and she actually walked over the tarp without hesitation, in fact she drank the rainwater off the puddles on it. We walked through puddles that my other 2 iceys would have hesitated or went around. We stepped over logs and backed around corners. in some ways she is more broke than my other 2 iceys. I wish I had videotaped from day one. she is so amazing. I have owned a boarding facility for about 20 yrs and I have seen 2 yr olds that took for ever to get this good and some older horses that had troubles getting over their fears, that had to be sold to trainers. 
This is a very good day,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment