ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good weather, finally

We had a great day today, I got a lot done, I cleaned all my saddles and I drilled new holes in my western saddle to shorten the stirrups so I could be a lot more comfortable and safer. I also got to ride Bear today, I actually had the big arena all to myself, it was wonderful, he still remembered everything we had last worked on, this horse is such a good boy. Riding Bear always helps build my confidence.
When I got Silke out she was waiting at the gate, there was no hesitation in putting the lead and halter on she has realized that there is a good pattern and she likes it. what a great feeling It was our biggest obstacle. she was so good today I rode her bareback. she did everything I asked and I knew it would be a good day for riding. I went back out after dinner. still she was at the gate to be caught. I actually got on her with no bridle or halter, just me and silke she took a few steps and I slid down gently, I have always wanted to do that and she was so good she just stopped and looked at me like, why did you get down? believe me, that was a very good place to end the day. now I need to get more consistent wth my riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment