Hi,
today I went with friends to get a horse that would not load into the trailer, the previous owners put a rope around the girth and then between the legs to get him in the trailer, it didn't really work for this horse, but it was great to see that the approach and retreat method we used was very successful and the horse was the one to make the decision to go in and to stay in, it was an amazing thing to see. the horse totally made a change and decided to just go in. we were told that he likes to turn around and bolt out but when we arrived he was such a good boy and just waited till we asked and backed out nicely, there was no fear force or intimidation. I think he just realized that we were going to be fair and kind to him.
Silke is doing so good she is going out each day into a nice round pen with green grass, and she comes to the gate to go in and out. She has totally made a change, and is trusting more each day. she is getting shiny and she is shedding out a little, her mane and tail are growing and she has lost a little weight, She looks very good, I can pick up all 4 feet every time and I can clean her teets, she really likes being touched, after the initial first touch of the day. I am still learning a lot from all the horses and from all the followers of Silke's Blog, thank you for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
today I went with friends to get a horse that would not load into the trailer, the previous owners put a rope around the girth and then between the legs to get him in the trailer, it didn't really work for this horse, but it was great to see that the approach and retreat method we used was very successful and the horse was the one to make the decision to go in and to stay in, it was an amazing thing to see. the horse totally made a change and decided to just go in. we were told that he likes to turn around and bolt out but when we arrived he was such a good boy and just waited till we asked and backed out nicely, there was no fear force or intimidation. I think he just realized that we were going to be fair and kind to him.
Silke is doing so good she is going out each day into a nice round pen with green grass, and she comes to the gate to go in and out. She has totally made a change, and is trusting more each day. she is getting shiny and she is shedding out a little, her mane and tail are growing and she has lost a little weight, She looks very good, I can pick up all 4 feet every time and I can clean her teets, she really likes being touched, after the initial first touch of the day. I am still learning a lot from all the horses and from all the followers of Silke's Blog, thank you for listening,
Cheryl & Silke
No comments:
Post a Comment