ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

12/18/2010

Hi All,
Another great day with my extreme Icey Silke. 
I should have named her amazing, today we played with 3 logs on the ground and Silke trotted over them with ease and with her head down she pays close attention to every detail, but she is not afraid of anything. she startles in place sort of, but she has a really quick recovery time. Today she stood at the mounting bench and allowed me to climb all over her laid flat on her back with my whole body and my legs together over her butt. next I slid off the opposite side of her. she loved all the attention. so I took her to the other mounting bench and had her do the same on her right side, I climbed all over her again, her only movement was to get herself more square under me. I had my friend get on her while I led her around we had a bosal on her (no Bit) we did lateral flexion to both sides and we backed up and we turned with the reins. I still had the lead rope on her, but she responded well to the reins we asked her to move her hind quarters on bot sides, she was a little stickey on her left hind so I touched her hip with the lead rope and she moved off softly. my friend used her legs as a back up to me asking her with the lead rope, to get her used to someone asking from on top of her.  
 I asked my friend if she was willing to stay on her for the trot, we both knew she would be fine and we were not disappointed. 
Silke trotted in a nice circle around me to the left and then to the right, she is coming along nicely. we ended the day by putting the bit in her mouth, she seemed to like it, we didn't put reins on it. she seems to like the bit so I removed it slowly and softly. and I put her away for the day. I will be the one riding tomorrow, I can't wait. she seems to enjoy having us on her and having us give her a job to do. Thank you for listening,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment