ground play

ground play
May 2011 Silke's blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 2011 Silke's new blog

Hi
Today we have freezing rain, and the ground is frozen below so it is very slippery out, if the sun comes out today I will get to spend time with Silke and bear and Vaka (feather) and little shorty, maybe I should introduce them all to this site.
Silke is my new untrained horse that this blog is all about.
Bear (Bangsi) is the first Icelandic I purchased. He was sent to Robyn Hood by his previous owner to be started at the appropriate age and when he came home, his owner all of a sudden, died. 5 yrs later the Husband sold him to me, he was not being used consistantly so I really had to work at getting him to be my horse and understand my horse language, he is wonderful, he chooses the trot more than the tolt, and I love it he keeps my skill level going, he is my trail horse and he is my trick horse. he has allowed me to tap into his potential and he lays down for me and he will pick me up anytime I want him to, I have had him since October of 2008. he is why I own Iceys. I could talk all day about Bear, we even went to Steve Rother's ranch together for a week last August, it was amazing, we worked with cows and young horses and trail riding it was my best horse vacation ever!
Vaka (Feather) I call her feather because she is light as a feather when she tolts, and she is very smooth, she really lets me know what it is to have a naturally gaited Iceandic horse. We are still getting to know each other, but she is so sweet, that I can put my granddaughter on her and she will take care of her. Don't get me wrong, she is a lead mare and she has also been very opinionated about learning new things like going where I want her to go instead of where she wants me to go, but I have cantered her and she is wonderful and everytime I ride her I am giggling all the way, she puts a huge smile on my face, and that brings me to Shorty, the love of Vaka's life, when she came Shorty was already here I got him before I got Bear.
Shorty is my Mini, he is a cremello and he has beautiful blue eyes, he will steal your heart. he is very talented, he can pull a cart but he hates to have someone on his back, he knows how to buck and how to bite, he was a stallion when I got him we gelded him asap. He has become an integral part of my little herd, When Vaka arrived he decided she was his mother, they are the same age! I caught the two of them in the barn with Shorty nursing off of her, she has never been a momma, but she likes him, and she chases Bear away. the funny part is, Bear and shorty play together for an hour every morning and afternoon until Vaka says for them to stop, by chasing them away from each other, it is wonderful to watch, I have it on video somewhere. This was supposed to be a short post, oops! next time I will talk about Wild Acres, My home and business.
thanks for listening, may your horse be with you!
Cheryl & Silke

No comments:

Post a Comment