I guess it is time to tell about my horsemanship experiences.
I started getting into horses 20 yrs ago when my Husband and I bought a 24acre Dairy farm. we decided to convert it to a horse boarding stable. we knew nothing about horses! So as we cleaned up from the pigs and cows, we gradually started getting horses to board (self care). That was indeed and experience. to make a long story short (hopefully) I decided to go to a (Parelli) horse clinic and I decided to get educated. I read everything I could and watched every video I could find, I even leased my first horse. soon I passed level one of Parelli's program. then I realized I didn't really know how to ride so I took some lessons and started to watch RFDTV. my friend introduced me to Clinton Anderson's methods and it really helped with my riding, people started asking me to give them lessons on what I knew ( I was very shocked at this) and it just evolved. I was able to help about 15 people pass their first level in Parelli. My Barn started to fill up and I talked my husband into building me an arena and more stalls, we went to full care and I had to hire someone for help. I have worked with almost every breed of horse in one way or another. We have Dressage riders and Western pleasure riders here and backyard horse owner's here. We have had lots of clinics of every discipline. I am the only one that owns Iceys. Everyone loves them.
I have learned that this is my passion, and I am 55yrs old and loving every minute of my time with my horses and with the people in my Barn, we have close to 40 horses here when we are at capacity. This is a barn full of (mostly Adult Women) people who love each other and enjoy each other's company. I am very lucky to be a part of it. Tomorrow, More about Silke....
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl
I started getting into horses 20 yrs ago when my Husband and I bought a 24acre Dairy farm. we decided to convert it to a horse boarding stable. we knew nothing about horses! So as we cleaned up from the pigs and cows, we gradually started getting horses to board (self care). That was indeed and experience. to make a long story short (hopefully) I decided to go to a (Parelli) horse clinic and I decided to get educated. I read everything I could and watched every video I could find, I even leased my first horse. soon I passed level one of Parelli's program. then I realized I didn't really know how to ride so I took some lessons and started to watch RFDTV. my friend introduced me to Clinton Anderson's methods and it really helped with my riding, people started asking me to give them lessons on what I knew ( I was very shocked at this) and it just evolved. I was able to help about 15 people pass their first level in Parelli. My Barn started to fill up and I talked my husband into building me an arena and more stalls, we went to full care and I had to hire someone for help. I have worked with almost every breed of horse in one way or another. We have Dressage riders and Western pleasure riders here and backyard horse owner's here. We have had lots of clinics of every discipline. I am the only one that owns Iceys. Everyone loves them.
I have learned that this is my passion, and I am 55yrs old and loving every minute of my time with my horses and with the people in my Barn, we have close to 40 horses here when we are at capacity. This is a barn full of (mostly Adult Women) people who love each other and enjoy each other's company. I am very lucky to be a part of it. Tomorrow, More about Silke....
Thanks for listening,
Cheryl
No comments:
Post a Comment